September was a very busy month. We worked hard to learn the new rules and routines and get back into the swing of things! We learned patterns, sequencing, and started skip counting. We started journals, practiced sight words and got settled into our math and reading groups. We also have been studying the days of the week, months of the year and seasons and brainstorming about rules, responsibilities and the importance of respect.
In October we will continue to learn how to recognize and represent numbers in different ways as well as practice our sequence and skip counting. Now that our reading groups have been established we will be able to start our guided reading process during Daily 5. We will continue to practice our sight words and write in our journals. Stay tuned for more updates.
A little bit more…
Thank you to those who made it out to the Open House! I really enjoy meeting the families of my students. If you ever have questions please don’t hesitate to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org .Our new Remind account has been activated, I will start sending reminders when I learn how to use it!!! Please follow the attached instructions to get started. You can also get this newsletter on the school website.
PD Day-No School
Thanksgiving Day- No School
Field Trip-Wascana Marsh
Book Orders Due
• Please sign your child’s agenda every day.
• I ask that each student makes sure they have both indoor and outdoor shoes as the weather gets colder.
• Please make sure your child comes dressed appropriately for the weather.
• Please send attached permission form for our October field trip back as soon as you can!
• I am starting Scholastic book orders this month. I will send the booklets home on Monday, October 3rd. If you are wanting to order please send the order form and payment (cash or online only) in your child’s agenda by the due date.